Founded 35 years ago, from humble beginnings with a single SA-based store. Fast-forward to today where they’re now a leading the variety store retailer with 40+ stores spanning across SA, VIC and NSW. They plan to continue on the attack, with further growth plans.
Choice, value and unique products is at the core of their mission. A place where the customer experience comes first. A place where there’s always something new to find.
To support growth and ensure the ongoing success of the business, my client is currently looking for an experienced Buyer Assistant to join the team.
In this role, you will provide support to the Buyer Consumables to range, price and promote approved products set by the buyer which appeals to their customer base and positions the company as a competitive, unique, exciting and fun place to shop.
- Planning & Ordering approved ranges of core ranges within set OTB budgets
- Assisting Buyer with range reviews
- Executing and updating the Buyers promotional calendar.
- Monitoring the estimated time of arrival for product.
- Managing product maintenance in system.
- Completing daily communication to store operations, as approved by Buyer.
- Following up shipping queries.
- Following up compliance and use by date stock issues, and reporting back to Buyer.
- Managing and following up approved Buyer markdowns.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Strong understanding of FMCG.
- Experience in product planning & purchasing.
- Analytical and detail orientated.
- Highly motivated and resilient.
- Effective written and verbal communication across all working relationships to keep people informed of activities, deadlines and progress.
- Experience in working with teams, problem solving and creative thinking to deliver business solutions.
- Highly organised with the ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office suite as well as the ability to adapt to new IT systems quickly.
- Work autonomously and take initiative.
- Ability to cope with pressure and changes in a fast-moving work environment.
- Mentoring and career progression.
- Generous employee discounts
- Employee assistance and support.
- A motivating and rewarding work environment.
If this sounds like your dream role then apply right now! This opportunity will not be available for long.